INTAKE/EXHAUST combo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
What are some of the best intakes and exhausts people have put on their tracs. i have an 04 and am looking for more power and better gas milage.

You can get the ZabTeck CAI if you care to put a hole on the inside of your engine compartment. Otherwise I suggest an AEM CAI that uses no oil or an AirAid CAI that uses a minimal amount of oil. I was told a few yrs. ago by a Ford electrical tech. that the oil from the aftermarket filter bleeds through on to the MAFS.

As far as exhaust I went with a Flowmaster 70 Big Block single-in / duel-out because I was looking for the quietest one on the market. I think that a lot of people here have gone with the Flowmaster 50 SUV or Magnaflow; it all depends on what sound you are looking for.

The best boost in gas milage for me, along with the above, has been the XCal2 tuner. One of our site sponsors will be more than happy to help your. FastPartsNetwork.com or BamaChips.com

Can't say if its the best, but I have the MAC air intake on my '05 along with the FlowMaster 50 muffler. Nice rumble, not loud, which is my preference.:cool:

Power wise, I don't stomp on it off the light, usually try to keep it in the 2000 - 2500 rpm range, so she's slow from a stand still, but if I maintain that same foot pressure she just continues to accelerate.

I mainly notice the difference when she's out on the open road.:)

I get around 19 - 22 mpg with this set up, if I put my foot in it I get 15 - 18 mpg.

D-