Interior lights come on after engine shut off

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
When you turn off the engine, do your interior lights automatically come on? Mine do and I'm trying to figure out whether this feature is a factory one or an option included in my aftermarket alarm. I've had this alarm almost since the beginning so I can't tell.

I don't always jump out of my Trac right away after parking and shutting it off and I'm not comfortable with being lit up inside when it's dark out. If I can disable this feature, I will because between the lights coming on and manipulating the dimmer knob, it's getting old. Let me know. Thanks in advance...

my '04 does and I hate it. Havent figured out how to diable it. Some have said to roll the dimmer switch all th way up. All that does is dim the dash. What I have done is roll the switch to the dome on then off and they go off imediatly.

It's the same on my 2003 Sport Trac. I think it's part of the Auto-Headlight feature. It does the same thing on my wife's Saturn Ion with the auto-headlight feature.

You could probably disable it by turning off the headlight delay on the mirror, or minimize it by turning the headlight delay down to it's lowest setting.

If that does not work, you may just try opening your drivers door and closing it again? that may signal that someone has left the truck??

...Rich

Richard.. the '04 auto headlights are fixed at 20 second delay. No delay adjuster on the electronic mirror. Also the sensor is now on the dash in front of the driver. Just some of the small changes I have noticed between year models..