Interior Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64117

Reaction score
is the drivers side door supposed to activate the dome light? when i unlock my ST with my factory remote, it just unlocks the drivers side door without activating the dome light. if i want the dome light to come on, i have to hit the unlock again? is this the way its supposed to be? can it be changed?

thanks in advance

DanG

It's supposed to come on whenever you hit the unlock button on the fob. It should come on with the doors, and will go out after 20 minutes time, hit the lock button on the fob, or when you start the engine, whichever comes first.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my ST, after pressing the fob unlock button, the light comes on and, if I do nothing, it goes out after a minute or two (otherwise, it goes out after pressing the fob lock button, closing the door or starting the engine). The 20 minute off time is in the case the light is left on - door open or closed. It is to protect the plastic bulb housing, but is about five minutes too long (mine melted).

The 20 minute off time for interior lights is meant to keep your battery from being completely drained. This feature is included on all newer Fords.

I have had it activate on my 04 Cobra and my 03 Sport Trac. In neither case have the bulbs melted anything.

Perhaps Yardsale has a more powerful bulb in place. If not, I would suggest taking it back to the dealer for a free fix, assuming the truck is still under warranty.

Latest posts