Interior "Silver" Color

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they did. Also in some tracs you will find that the center console is all tan and some are grey and tan.

Paul H

Figures. I just got a bezel with a fog light switch opening for a little project. After looking at it for a while, I was convinced it changed. Argh.

Anyone want a slightly darker bezel for the price I paid?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the silver, though. This is more of a titanium color. And, I don't get it--on eBay, there are lighter and darker silver ones (never knew till now). I'd get one from Ford, but I have no idea if I'd get the right one until I pick it up.

Gloss black>Satin Silver.

You'd probably get the later color, dark I think. I doubt the part number changed, as the part itself hasn't changed. Its like on the Ranger, which are black, some have a rubber type coating, others don't...order a new one from Ford and you get one with the rubber coating. Car makers are good at making little, bitty changes, not telling anyone, and not making the appropriate changes so that a mix up can't happen.

I picked up a can of krylon fusion hammered silver and hammered black paint for plastics... haven't used it yet, but it looks like a good match. Can't decide on black or silver though.

Hmm, after a completely unscientific comparison with a flashlight, the dash silver is brighter than the radio silver, but both are brighter than the one I got. The cupholder area is darmer than the vinyl dash, but the console cover is lighter than the cupholder and dash vinyl.

Whatever. I'll probably use it. :D