Interior trim alternatives to painting......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any experience with buying after market interior trim to replace the silver factory trim - rather than painting. I have seen some pictures on the net that looked pretty good. Here is an example of what I have found on the net..... Hopefully the pic comes through.
13eda8c71d07dafa622a762bfe67bf21.jpg

That looks like those items were hydroprinted, which I would stay away from. The rejection and irregularity rates of hydroprinting is just too high to risk my parts....

A few members here have dash kits, LaRue had a nice brushed aluminum one. He had it for a while and didn't have problems with it, hopefully he'll chime in with more detail

Dana,

The extra button is for the rear window defrosters. That would indicate that the photo is of a 1997-2001 Explorer, not a Sport Trac. Also, the Console is different if you look closely at the ashtray and the rectangular compartment to the right.

maroonbully.

I cannot tell what the trim kit looks like? It's dark and could be wood grained or carbon fiber?

A full kit of real wood or real carbon fiber trim will cost about $150 and up to about $300 depending upon the number of pieces in the kit and whether they are flat or molded.

I have molded, real wood dash and radio bezel trim in Dark Burl wood. My kit was for a 2001 Ranger and only included those two pieces for about $120 on ebay, over a year ago. I would have liked more pieces but I have neverseen a kit of molded real wood trim for the Sport Trac, so any other kit would not have pieces that fit around the door/window buttons or console.

...Rich

Latest posts