Is it broken?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
I have LS, but don't know much about it. I just remember seeing a post one time with the sticker numbers and checked and sure enough I have it.

This being my first winter in the great white north in a few years I had a chance to play in the snow a little the other day. Play is a bad word, since really I was stuck in my own driveway... In any case as I was trying to get out I had the drivers side window down to watch my slippage. I couldn't see my drivers side tire spinning and my passenger side was (could hear it) and I wasn't moving.. That means the LS isn't working correctly right?

Maybe not. If there is no "friction" on the one spinning tire, the LS has no way to transfer to the other wheel. You need to lightly touch the brakes to load the spinning tire a bit.

On anything except ice or deep snow, there is always some drag on the spinning tire.

IT normally only takes 40 Ft lbs of force to break the clutches free......

Sounds like the one wheel was on super slippery ground and the other one had a nice bite..

Todd Z