Is it difficult to change out the rear signal light on a 03 track

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian b 2

Reaction score
My rear signal light went out today. Just wondering how difficult to change it out on my own?

nope, simple. Open the tailgate, on the side of the light inside the tailbox there are three rubber plugs. Pull them out and then you'll have to unscrew some screws. Once out pull on the light fixture out towards you and you'll be able to get to the twist off light sockets. Twist off the burned light socket and pull out the bulb by simply pulling it out. Replace with new one and reverse steps to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

The below remark by Coastiejoe came from the above link. I think he's on to it.

My signal light seems to have an intermitten problem. Some time it cuts off, and somtimes it works. I tried setting the column to a different position but that did not solve the issue. I have to keep an eye on it. I think I may have to take it to the dealer for this one.

========================================================

re: 01 SportTrac Tailight Bulb Replacement by Coastiejoe,10/25/2006 14:09 ET

Before you do that, tilt you column and see if the light comes back on and works properly.

If so, you have the infamous wire harness issue in the column. If not, then go for changing the bulb...

Latest posts