Is it too much?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ford dealer sent me a letter with the appointment for my service, I call to know how much and what is to be done, they want 400$CAD(+/-350US$) for an engine oil change, transmission fluid change, Air filter, and gas filter, My truck is at 50,000KM

Is this too much?

Dealer prices are set by the dealer. I agree with Red onthe pricing. Shop around for the price if you have the time. Most people will just pay the price quoted because they do not want to price shop to save a few bucks...

I agree with the others, too much...

It is work that should be done, but can be done at a much more affordable rate.

Unfortunately I don't live in edmonton, I live in Ottawa but I think I will shop around for better prices, doing the work elsewhere shouldn't void the warranty right?

dealership service in nyc is $85-$95 an hour. plus paying the full retail price for parts.

You can do all that stuff yourself as well for a fraction of the cost...about 2 hours of work there on a lazy weekend.

Probably not to much for a Ford dealer, but you can do better going to an independent garage. Also, most of that can be done at your local lube center for about $200 or less. That includes the tranny flush, oil change, filters and checking all belts and hoses.

I bought a Goodyear tire road hazard and package for all my tires and it includes rotation every 5K-6K miles, free lifetime balancing and flat repairs. I always ask them to check my brake pads when they rotate the tires and they don't charge me anything. And the cost of the warranty is about what it would cost to replace one tire if it was damaged beyond repair.

...Rich

Thanks for your help, i've decided to do it in a lube center, it will cost 209$ and i will replace the air filter and the gas filter myself.