Is the Superchip plug in chip as good as they say?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
I have heard that there have been problems of peoples ST's randomly shutting down on them. Is this true? Also, do these chips really work in ways of better MPG's, HP, Torque?

I had a superchip in my 01 ST and it worked fine. I sold it to another member. It gave it more pick-up and go and much better top end.

Last edited by a moderator:
The contacts will get dirty, over time, and cause problems. If you already have one, pull it out every 6 months or so, and clean the contacts on the PCM circuit board.

If you don't already have one, save your money and get an XCalibrator from Hypnotic Illusions Automotive (Wayne Foy). Wayne is a site sponsor who can give you different programs to suit your driving needs and performance mods. Excellent customer service, too.

I had the Apten version of the Diablo dual program chip in my '01. It worked great, although installation was a real PITA. Unfortunately here in NY they now plug your vehicle into the diagnostic computer as part of the yearly inspection procedure, and if the chip is installed it will produce an error. I didn't want to have to remove and install a chip every year (in the winter) on my '04, so now I'm using an XCAL2 from Wayne.