Is there a forum for "Body"? I have a question about tailgate badge.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I'm looking for suggestions for what to use to attach my Explorer Sport Trac XLT badge to my tailgate. I had to replace my tailgate with a used one and I removed the badge from it (XLS) with a heat gun and fishing line, need to reattach the correct badge. Thanks.

Just don't make the same mistake I made and use clear RTV silicone adhesive. Super strong, but next to impossible to get off what's left on the clear coat after the emblem is removed. 3M has an expensive acrylic double stick tape made for emblems, but I don't like how tapes stick out off the surface. The last thing I would use is super brittle super glue. If I had to do it again I'd use something like clear E6000 or comparable clear Gorilla Glue. Waterproof after 24 hours and heat resistant up to 180F and remains flexible. Apply a thin layer to the emblem with a gloved finger and hold down with blue tape overnight. You can thank me later. LOL

Latest posts