Is this too much for the 60,000 mile service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a little much. Dealer quoted me $399, but it ended up being about $340 because I had them leave the oil, oil filter, and air filter alone.

Depends on were you are located. It will cost more in New Jersey than Alabama.

I live in the San Francisco Bay area, and that would be close to the going Dealer price.

Jeff your also 2wd......

4wd is more....

Todd Z

Good question, what exactly are they doing for the 60,000 mile service? My bet is that 70% of what they list is "Check this", "Check that", "Check this", "Check that" (you get the picture) which doesn't do me a whole lot of good if they are not going to actually do anything about it without charging extra $$$$. The point that I am trying to make is not to let the long extensive list of "Checks" pusuade you into letting them do the service. If I am going to pay you $598 just to look at it, that aint doin me a bit of good.

PS: If you can't tell, I hate dealer service centers when it comes to "out of warranty" work. I think they are the biggest rip off.......

Lil Red,

Good observation!... As what I have been reading in my '05 'Tracs owners manual for

the last 20 minutes, a lot has nothing to do with the options that our 'Tracs have, or

don't have! For example; Grease Suspension and Driveline (Ha! Ha!) I wish!

One other thing, "Change Cabin Air Filter". No such thing on our 'Tracs.

I have tried to read through and get exactly what our 'Tracs need, specifically, at this service

interval... Here Goes, my interpretation, based on what our 'Tracs DO have:

Change oil/filter;

Inspect and rotate tires;

Inspect complete brake system;

Insp. suspension for wear and noise;

Insp. complete cooling system;

Insp. exhaust system;

Insp. steering linkage and related components (W/Suspension Check?);

Repl. air filter;

Repl. fuel filter;

Service front wheel bearings, if not equipped with sealed bearings;

Change manual tranny fluid (if equipped);

Multi-Point Inspection (Light Check (bulbs, etc...) And look over vehicle for obvious

defects/damage).

Right out of the Ford "Recommended Scheduled Maintenance Guide" included with

my '05 'Trac.

Should be similiar for all of the pre-'07 'Tracs!!!

And, Lil Red, to be honest, you said 70% of the things might not be needed. I only

came up with 50% of the things listed that are not needed!!!!!

:D;)

Hope this helps, Steve. (You may want to print this checklist , if you can)!:D

Steve, Drive here, I will do all that for $300.00 INCLUDING parts !.....

Todd Z