It has been a fun 20 years

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVZoomy

Reaction score
In October of 2000, I bought my Wedgewood blue baby with 19 miles on the odometer. She was built in August of 2000. I put a Pace Edwards roll-up cover on the back and wind visors on all the windows. We rode through 263,020 miles before we parted. We went through many ball joints, tie rods, and bearings. We drove 50 miles round trip to work for 12 years. We traveled on business trips together. We traveled through a blizzard and kept everyone safe. We showed the Chevy owners that it IS possible to break the 250k mark!
Near the end, I couldn't fill her up because the fuel filler neck needed to be replaced. That's okay I only put 15 gallons in for a few years. Then the step rails had to come off because they were rusted. The driver's seat with all those miles needed extra support. Then the battery light came on and the normal things didn't fix it. Weakness in uphill climbs showed up. Hard shifting started. There is a wire harness that may have been the ultimate culprit. It looks like it burned through. The trade-in amount was painfully low. She deserved a better ending.
Todd Z and the guys helped answer a few questions along the way. The data on this website that goes back to MySporTrac is full of wisdom and humor. It's been, fun guys! Keep on Tracing.

Latest posts