It has been awhile and thanks!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Bosin

Reaction score
I use to visit this forum almost daily and I have been reminded about the value of the exceptional information available.

Today I found out my 4wd quit working (of course it was snowing and icy) My first thought, remembering past posts on this subject was to check the transfer case motor, when I found that wasn't the problem I thought to check Mysporttrac.com and I was so glad I did. When I did a search on this problem I saw that the 4wd Control Module is a big problem and many have commented they have gone bad after a battery change. Well I just changed my battery for the first time about 3 weeks ago and my 4wd isn't switching. Based on what I read I got a new module at the local Ford dealer and was back in business. This site rocks and thanks to all that contribute. :supercool:

Since I almost have 100K miles now and my ST is starting to show its age I will be checking in more regular.

That is great to hear! That control module is a common issue. Glad it wasn't anything else but that. How much did you pay for the control module at your local ford dealership?

$204 with military discount. I had an urgent need, a 500 mile trip over 2 mountain ranges and a lot of snow. I know I could have saved a lot more

Latest posts