It's Done!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Byrne

Reaction score
i finally finished the truck. it has a 3" lift, dumped exhast, k&n intake, stock 16" wheels wrapped in 265/75's Cooper Zeon LTZ. the pic in my library does not do it justice. it feels awsome to drive and it feels like a truck now. sorry it took so long.:haveabeer:

Looks good man, you rarely and I mean rarely so Gen2's lifted. For all you hatred that doubted him here ya go.:banana::driving::haveabeer:

i really like it.....you should consider exchanging your headlights to the black housing ones and gettin the black grill and maybe some black nerf bars. i would just look a whole lot more clean since you have all that black trim. just my two cents

the dump is simple. i didn't want a loud exhaust but wanted more flow so i simply cut my tailpipe off, left about 3" of pipe coming out of the muffler, went to o'reillys and bolted on a turn down (dumped) pipe. it is no louder but you can hear the rumble of the V8 bouncing off the ground much better, plus better acceleration and mileage. all those turns in the tailpipe really restricts the flow. it's easy and cheap! as for all the black trim, i like my chrome. i never clean it anyways, its what i use to go duck and deer hunting with. i don't think chrome or black matters with deer blood running out the bed of it. :bwahaha:

the lift is a suspension lift. it's made by Truxxx. it's a spacer that goes between the top of the strut and the frame. the reason you can see the frame so well is the crappy chrome steps the other guy before me put on it. i have a set of OEM steps i'm going to put on when the weather changes, that will hide the frame much better.

Oh, ok. I thought there was something different there. Thanks for clarifying that. That threw me that's why it looked like it might've been body lifted.

:haveabeer::supercool:

How is the ride quality? I thought you couldn't do a suspension lift with the rear axle running through the frame (independent suspension)?

Interesting installation (see link below)

Looks VERY NICE!! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
the ride did stiffen up a bit, but it wasn't that bad until i put on the larger 10ply tires, then it got pretty stiff. i think that if a guy didn't know how smoth the truck rode before he wouldn't think twice about the way it rides now. personally, i like the stiffer ride. i want it to feel like a truck, not a cadillac. also, before i got this i owned an '03 f350 with a 6" lift, now thats a stiff ride!:driving:

Latest posts