It's here!!! Did I win???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
JUST got the call from Downtown Ford... They found my car. It was being off loaded into their lot!!! I'm on my way down to go pick it up, as they can't work on it until Monday anyways. Figures... It's CRAZY cold here today, so I can't even put the top down. I'll be back with pics (and a car) soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Krash - don't let them detail it...LOL The Land Rover dealership is behind my office and they new vehicles they sell they run them through a brush type car wash. Before it even goes in some guy is taking a brush with soap and water and pre-scrubbing it. That can't be could for the clear coat paint.

Too late for that, already been washed... They don't have an automatic washer there, so it was done by hand.. with brushes.

I LOVE IT!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Crazy cold? What, 60? Gotta love global warming.

I actually can't wait to see it after it's all fixed up. As much as I don't much care for the new Mustangs, with some simple body mods, they look really sweet. Even if they do ride on a carriage axle and suspension. And are slow. Had to get my shots in, lol.

No Mr. Smartass, it's like in the 40's here...

And it ain't that slow... I'm still getting used to a clutch again, so I'm driving it like it's new... lol

I figured a couple of days driving it around to get the feel for it, and then have it 'modified', so I can tell the difference.

Scootch,

No, it's the 4.6 V-8. And it's got 18" brushed aluminum wheels on it stock, but I ordered 18" chrome wheels for it. Should look the same, only with more bling... Gonna be lowered an inch and a half too, so it'll look sweet! Only thing is, I'll have to go about 1 mph going into or out of driveways... already scraped the front spoiler on my g/f's driveway!!!

Oh, SST...Thank someone's gods, we got NO KIDS on our street!!!! :D

Hey, You won it fair and square. You took it home, now feel sorry for the rest of us.

I Like the color. Reminds me of my first car 70 Mach 1, same color, different engine (428). If I had only kept that one.

Congratulations. Very nice. We have a winna! Now please don't live up to your name! ;)

Hey mdm, I just bought a 70 Mach 1 project car about a month ago and it's a Q code 428 CJ 4-speed car.

Sport Trac is still on schedule for the 15th. It was shipped from LAP on the 10th.

Blksn8k - You are killing me. I am envious of you. I had a lot of memories of that car. It was nice. Now I am finishing the resotoration on a 66 K code. Not as quick but fun. I have not heard where my ST is yet. Am supposed to pick up the 23rd though. Will see.

Got a chance to take out the Mustang with the top down today. Actually, I drove it home from my g/f's house in Folsom yesterday in a chilly drive with the top down. It's FUN!!!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

mdm, do you know about the forums on BON? Go to www.blueovalnews.com and navigate to the Ford Employee Forums. Go to the thread titled "Vehicle Locator By Ford Employees" and ask to have your Trac tracked. You will need some basic information from your dealer. If you have the truck's VIN and the dealer's ID number they should be able to check the status for you. They have been able to track mine. It was built on 1/3/07 and shipped on 1/10/07. I've received better updates from them than I have from my salesman. Big surprise, right? :rolleyes:

blksn8k

Thanks for the info. I will check it out today.

Just checked. Slated to be delivered this week to dealer.

Got the call today. They were installing the BFG's when the salesman called around 4:30 PM. I won't pick it up until tomorrow evening though.