Its stock now

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjwill123

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
good day all,

I have a 2005, sport trac, 2WD xlt with stock suspension in the fromt and rear. I want to lift it the best way to retain the stock ride. what do you think is the best way?
I have seen Spindels and torsion key kits online but no real knowledge with any of them...

Spindels + should I have upper and lower control arms replaced also? and a realignment

new upgraded torsion key + upper and lower control arms replaced?

Do you have to replace both upper and lower control arms or can you replace just the upper - I see some kits have both and others just upper???

I need that knowledge you all have.

C.J. Williams

Last edited:
the best way to lift to keep stock is body lift, you use all stock suspension and gives you the space to put bigger tires..is the cheapest way also. on amazon they have one for 129. it can be fun removing a couple of mounts but can be done and usually they need replacing any ways. some trucks look bad with gaps but sport tracs is hard to tell.

Prothane 6-116 Sport Track Body Mount, Red​

Brand: Prothane

Last edited:
the best way to lift to keep stock is body lift, you use all stock suspension and gives you the space to put bigger tires..is the cheapest way also. on amazon they have one for 129. it can be fun removing a couple of mounts but can be done and usually they need replacing any ways. some trucks look bad with gaps but sport tracs is hard to tell.

Prothane 6-116 Sport Track Body Mount, Red​

Brand: Prothane
Hey Curtis, what's the Amazon link? can't find it. Also how much of a lift it gives you?

Latest posts