It's the little things :D

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Hodge

Reaction score
Just got the front windows tinted 35% and damn i'm happy. Felt the same when i got the grand am done.. but it makes it look great. Best 40 i've spent in a long time.

pictures are in my library

Yup, Looks a lot better.... :cool:

Todd Z

I'd agree about tint. Mines 50/50 on the front because it's as high as you can go according to Ohio law. But I still feel SO much less UV rays and light when driving. :cool:

every other car/truck around here is tinted so it works out. state cops care the most, but as long as you aren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't pull you over for JUST tint cause thats harassment

I am in Ohio too. I ended up going with 35%. You can see a difference between the front and back.

Tom

Hodge - Did you tint the back windows too? They look as dark, if not darker, than the front in the pics, but I've read here in the past that the back window tint is somewhere around 21%.

factory is like 20% and the tint guys that apply it, can match it. There is a code on the door and they know what to do about that.

To be honest though, 35% is just a TAD bit lighter, it looks the same you can barely tell in sunlight.

the back is factory

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome Hodge. I had to match mine, because it looked weird not matched. My black trac is a lot cooler now in the summertime. :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

TEXAS is 25%, according to the updated motor vehicle safety/operation codes. I took and passed the TCLEOSE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards & Education) exam a few months back.

HEY - WTF????. Went and looked again. It DID say 35 before, I've looked at it and referenced it at least twice, and that is what the installers put on my ST and wifes car. DAMN!! Gotta go get it re-done.:blink:

grump

Latest posts