jet performance chip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRENT BERRY

Reaction score
Has anyone put a chip performance chip in there st ?? i have a 2004 4x4 .....if so what did u notice ???? fuel milage?? perfornace ?? torque ??? what ??? thanx brent!

I had an SCT chip and had issues with it, I replaced it with a SCT tuner, More accurate programs for the ST, more precise tuning....

I do know one member here had the JET chip and hated it, Others have had no problems...

The performance gains and better HP and torque, better MPG if you don't floor it all the time and a better shifting tranny that runs cooler also....

But the JET chips tend to be a propriety thing and are not the best gains verse a SCT tuner...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent, They run $350-400... You will need something to push the tires and Also to recalibrate your speedometer...

i got mine from a Site sponsor here ( www.hypillauto.com), But I here he is hard to get a hold of... There was another person (www.bamachips) that some members are dealing with, But I heard bad things about him also....

I wish I could say 100% who to go with, but the best thing is to email them and find out..

I do know there is a member here selling his in the Swap and sell part of this site...

Todd Z

Try looking for Bruce macDonald of Macdonald Motorsports. He sells the X-cal2 tuners and has the tunes for it too. I got my tunes from him when I got my 4.0 SOHC modified with the EE supercharger. His e-mail is [email protected]. Another site were you could try is ww.VMPtuning.com with Justin Starkey, a former SCT tech that put his own buisness. Got a great deal with my xcal2 swap with him.

Latest posts