Jet Performance Module???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
I found this on ebay. I personally email Jet Performance to find out if it will work with our '07 ST's and they confirmed it will work on the 4.6L automatic ST's. Now my question is, does anybody have any experience with these what so ever? If so, please tell me the good & bad. Thank you in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130115073700&rd=1,1

For another $75 bucks you can get a "custom tune" for your ST from the site sponsors, And it is not a boiler plate standard tune.... And the chip is not reflashable, or customizable...

The options are almost endless with the SCT flasher...

Todd Z

Go with the SCT XCalibrator 2 because it is Not a chip, but a flasher that plugs into your OBD II, and like Todd said the programming possibilities are endless; and you can use your notebook/laptop computer to fine tune the XCal2. Also, when you want to take it in to the dealer for service you just return it to the OEM tune which is saved out to the XCal 2. ;):D

The SCT XCal2 custom performance tuner is by far the most widely used among the ST community. With that being said, I doubt that very many (if any) ST users are using or have even experimented with the Jet Performance product. Not that it's not a good product, but the XCAL2 is just about the only way to go because of it's ability to hold multiple custom tunes. If nothing else, the ability to re-install your original factory tune at any time makes the XCal2 the most logical way to go. In addition to that, some of our site sponsors have already developed specialized tunes for our 4.6L V8. I don't even have an aftermarket tuner yet, but when I do there is NO DOUBT that I will go with the XCal2.

You might send Pat Freeman (a MYST.com member) an email and ask him what he thinks about the XCal2 program that the has in his 07 4.6L ST.

I had the Jet chip first, then the SCT chip, then the 9100, Now the Xcal2.....

Had them all...

Todd Z