Job 1 Job 2 ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64972

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
How would I tell if my 07 ST was Job 1 or Job 2? What does this designation mean to me when looking into upgrades or getting service for my ST?

Thanks for any info you can provide...Gary:)

As far as service and upgrades, Nothing......

Do you have the top grab handle in your door to close the doors ???? that is a job 2.

Do you have the back power window option ??

Todd Z

No power rear window and no top grab handle....so I'm a job 1.

So it just matters as far as what FORD upgraded on the particular model. When they see they made a design error and correct it, they issue a new job number after that point?

Thanks,

Gary:D

Gary, Nope, it mainly goes by the date of manufacturer..... Most of the time they split it up around June or July.... or even as late as august...

They use the build date if they make a change as far as parts or repairs go...

Todd Z

So it will be either a Job 1 or Job 2....do they ever do a Job 3?

Gary:wacko:

I have the power back window, but not sure what you mean by the top grab handle. I do have a bar there, but not sure what a bottom one would look like. Is this Job 2?

Gary I say your a job 1..... and yes they should do a job 3 starting middle of this year...

Badger, The arm rest on a job to actually has a pocket in the top of it so you can close the door from there, rather than the low Handel....

Todd Z

Gary, Badger, your window sticker would actually have it listed under Optional Equipment if it were a Job 2 or 3. Job 2's would say "JOB #2 - ORDER 7/31/06" while Job 3's say "JOB #3 - ORDER 12/04/06".

The VIN number is also somewhat of an indicator as STs with a VIN ending with a consecutive build number of around 31000 or lower were Job 1's.

Not sure where the Job 3 VINs come in but I'm guessing somewhere around 60000?

The power down rear window became an option prior to Job 2 so that is not a good indicator but the cup in the front door arm rests was part of the Job 2 changes.

Don't have a clue what is different about a Job 3 but I suspect it is mostly computer programming related.

Last edited by a moderator: