Job 1 or 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hi folks, how can I tell if my 2002 2Wheel drive is a job1 or job2 there was some discussion a few days ago but I got confused!

AFAIK, job1/2 only applies to '01. Could very well be wrong though.

True, only for the 2001 model year. Job 1 had build dates before June 24th, 2000. Job 2 after. Easiest way to tell is a Job 2 has the oil fill on the passenger side vs. driver side for Job 1. Job 2 also has a plastic intake, plastic fuel tank, white gauges, and oil filter with metric threads.

Wonderful, so I have a Job 2 which is supposed to ride smoother! Not so smooth to me unless I am on a smooth road! New shocks maybe? About 30K miles on them.

Don't know about that but...
I just put Bilsteins on my truck. Replaced the Monroe Reflex that I put on years ago. Huge difference, but I also did the body mount bushings and both sway bar bushings with end links.

Wonderful, so I have a Job 2 which is supposed to ride smoother! Not so smooth to me unless I am on a smooth road! New shocks maybe? About 30K miles on them.
Brand and model of shocks, tire model, and pressure are you using?

Don't remember, several years ago, paid about $40 each for 4. at a local parts house.

body mounts are a BIG difference

I guess so, SWS. What is the difference between Job and Generation?

I guess so, SWS. What is the difference between Job and Generation?
Ed,
Job1 = Early 2001 SportTrac
Job2 = Later 2001 SportTrac
Gen1 = 2001-2005 SportTrac
Gen2 = 2007-2010 SportTrac
Realize these are informal though commonly used references.

Ed,
Job1 = Early 2001 SportTrac
Job2 = Later 2001 SportTrac
Gen1 = 2001-2005 SportTrac
Gen2 = 2007-2010 SportTrac
Realize these are informal though commonly used references.
These terms are used at Ford although they would typically say 1stGen or 2ndGen when talking about body difference.

Yep,
Just trying to illustrate to Ed, that the SportTrac evolved\changed (kinda like Covid variants!)
not just every model year but sometimes in the middle of a given model year.
Ford has a long history of doing this: I.E. 1960s Mustang mid year changes.

Well, thanks guys. I don't really follow which Sportrack that I have, maybe it doesn't matter as long as it keeps running.
Thanks for your help, I'll just keep driving Gos bless Ed

It's not terribly important unless you have an '01. Many-a-times, when I first got my truck years ago, I would come home with '01 parts that were wrong. Parts guy would say "that's what's shows for an '01", so I would have them give me the part for an '02. Nowadays, and for a long time now, I just skip the bother and always ask for '02 parts.

Check body mounts too.... Shock are a must to replace.

Latest posts