Just bought an 03 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan D

Reaction score

Well I have just recently purchased an 03 ST and am set to redeploy from Iraq within a month. The ST I bouth is an 03 XLT 2WD with 53000 miles on it. What kind of maintenance and upgrades should I do to it in order to ensure it lasts me a long long while and repair any possible faults the previous caused or did not correct?

I'm thinking to go ahead change the oil with some synthetic, change the plugs and possibly plug wires . .check the brakes . . who else knows.

Not knowing what maintenance was done previously, you should probably invest in a tranny flush, radiator flush and a new fuel filter. Best of luck to you Ryan.

I agree with what TomT said. Check to see if you still have the OEM shock, if so dump 'em. Also check to see if you have the 1-1/8" Explorer Express anti-sway bar on the rear. I personally recommend Royal Purple synthetic oil. Check out the Members- Projects area for all kinds of upgrades. :D