just did the 07 tranny "fix"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
well after 1 1/2 years of the annoying "bump" and crappy shifts i took todd's advise and did the battery disconnect today at work. it has been to the dealer twice and of course no fix by ford!

so far, no "bumps" and it seems to shift smoother (could be in my head since i want this to work).

i guess i will see if this problem has gone away in a few weeks. going to keep my fingers crossed.

if this works, i am pissed as this what you have to do and that ford cant do it !

if i owned my trac i would be real pissed that this occurs in a near 40k vehicle.

I hear you on the 40G thing ! I also had the "bump" issue. Now it has conveniently developed an oil leak at 37000 plus. Going round and round with Ford over it. QUALITY is definitely not FORDS slogan anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Procrastonator...:lol:

Todd Z

Todd, is the "Battery disconnect thing" gary s refers to the same thing Dingo suggested? Like everyone else, I'm getting frustrated with my tranny!!

Jimmy.....

It's been a few weeks now and my tranny is working better than new since I did the battery thing. All my shifts are very smooth and that issue I had with the slipping after the truck sat for over 15 hrs when I first put it into drive or reverse is gone as well.

Before I tried Dingo's "Quick Fix", Ford was going to have me bring it back in so they could tear into the tranny thinking it was some solonoid issue.

Well.....no need now since it looks as it was some puter issue causing this and after resetting it....all those issues have gone. Nor have I ever taken it in for some TSB that may not have fixed my issues.

Latest posts