Just got back from Chicago auto show

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tig OBit

Reaction score
Just got back from the Chicago auto show. There were alot of good looking vehicles. I checked out the new ST, and while impressed, I can't see enough of a difference to get rid of my 2002 to buy a new one. I have been drooling over the new Shelby GT500 for months, and now that I saw the finished product, I can't say that I'm too impressed with the end result of that either.

I am amazed at how the size of trucks and SUVs just continues to grow and grow. And along with the size, the price! A new Tahoe loaded goes for over $50,000.00! There are alot of other cars you can get for 50 grand!

After checking it all out, that new Grand Cherokee SRT8 is looking better and better! 420 horse and fully loaded for 40 grand. While still expensive, I think you are getting alot more bang for your buck than some of these others.

Just my opinion! Hope some of you get a chance to go and check it out! Oh, and the Camaro concept was pretty awesome!

I went yesterday. The new Trac was nice but with it being on a spinning platforum instead of on the showroom floor it was hard to get a true feel for the changes. I took some photos but they are pretty much the same as the other shows except that the Chicago one is Blue. It was funny in repsect to the fact that I spoke wiht three different dealers that were at the show and everyone of them answered my questions about the Trac differently. The three of them gave me different dates as to when it would be available, they went from early summer to sometime in the fall. Also all of them told me that the rear window would be the same as it is on the current Trac, it was only solid because it was a demo for the show. I just played along with them and smiled. All in all though I would have to say it looked nice. Sadly it looks like the 07 won't be offered in any shade of green though.

oh and another thing, two of the three dealers were trying to tell me that the Adrenalin was coming out later in the year. I guess they missed the memo...............

Latest posts