Just Ordered The SCT Xcal 3 from Torrie

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Just ordered it and got my billing and shipping confirmation!

Looks like I'm getting the 87 Performance, economy and 93 Performance.

I'm looking forward to the power/economy and the ability to pull my own codes!

So far the experiance with Torrie has been great. Very helpful!

I put my order in a couple days ago so I guess I'm next in line. I emailed Torrie a few times since placing the order and he's very prompt in responding, but his answers to my questions seem to be vague and open ended. I don't know, maybe he wanted to make things quick with me so he could give you his undivided attention.

So far, no information or input from me was requested except for the payment and vin# at checkout. How did the process go for you?

"his answers to my questions seem to be vague and open ended"

Yeah. That would be my only complaint with the experiance so far. I had to ask questions in bullet format in bold with space between them to get him to clearly answer each question.

The guy is the owner of a business and from what I gather, a business with high customer demands. I'm flattered that the owner of a company even does this stuff himself so I gave him a break and everything turned out great.

I actually got better information from Bamachips but since they no longer sponser this site...I went with Torrie.

As far as the process, I emailed him what I wanted (basic tunes he provided anyway) I don't feel like I got anything special...thats what I wanted but in the end I got what everyone else gets...oh well. I put my VIN in along with payment and that was it. Within minutes I had an order confirmation and then about 5min later I got a tracking number and shipment notification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of sucks that all you get are basic tunes. I was under the impression that personalized service and choosing the tunes you wanted was part of the purchase. Hope he doesn't send me a 93 octane tune cause I don't even have that available in my area. I did my best to make it clear that I didn't want an economy tune too.

I got an email yesterday that said the item is being shipped out today the 19th but I don't even know what I'm getting, no confirmation# or invoice. I just sent him an email using the format you mentioned so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the info

Edit: My bad. I was confusing him with Doug at Bamachips. Like you said, the info Doug provided is much clearer and concise and I think you got to choose the tunes you wanted with him right? Just got an email with my purchase total but no tracking number. Still don't know what tunes I'm getting.

Like you, I wanted to support a site sponsor but I may end up getting just one useful tune as I didn't want an economy tune and I don't have 93 octane in my area. I'm bummed cause it took me a while to gather the funds for this mod it doesn't seem to be going as I have expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
YOu can only do so much with the tune and keep it streetable imo.

All anyone really needs is a 87 economy tune, 87 performance toon and a high test performance tune.

I actually thought that Bamachips may have had a better tune in their "93 Torque Tune" for towing. I don't tow anything but I told Torrie...."I don't care what the HP numbers are, I want to FEEL the power and all my driving is city."

So I hope he takes that into account before he ships my tune. Somehow, I think it was already loaded with generic tunes and he just picked one off a shelf and shipped it. I know it will be a huge improvement and the price was right.

I can always get other tunes or try other vendor's tunes in the future.

Most everyone involved with me gets far more then 3 tunes. My point in other threads here highlight this. I build the individual files to suit the Customer/Vehicle/Application/Modification list/ETC and don't send out base tunes of any kind. SCT sends us the flashers blank. I am the one that sits here for hours writing and rewriting calibrations that you guy's ask me to build. Want me to send a revision after the fact I do it. Don't like one of the files I programmed the unit with I email you another. I do a lot of things for a lot of people all of the time. Most don't have any idea how complex doing this correctly is. You shouldn't have to even think about that though. Tell me what you want done and I'll do it. It's very simple.

Also note that over the past 2 weeks I have been running both of my businesses, trying to find time to sleep and also drove over 5000 miles in my GT to an event we sponsored in Las Vegas. So that last 2 week window has been very concise for me to take care of each and every person. That isn't a total testament of my standard operations. Ask anyone else here for reference points on that.

Hawaiian you elected to go with the post office so your package didn't have a tracking number. You made your points to me clearly in your emails and I adhered to everything you asked me to do. Same with Carey on the second point as well.

As always if someone wants or needs anything else email me [email protected]

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.FastPartsNetwork.com

http://www.UnleashedTuning.com

Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator

"I am the one that sits here for hours writing and rewriting calibrations that you guy's ask me to build. Want me to send a revision after the fact I do it. Don't like one of the files I programmed the unit with I email you another. I do a lot of things for a lot of people all of the time. Most don't have any idea how complex doing this correctly is. You shouldn't have to even think about that though. Tell me what you want done and I'll do it. It's very simple."

I think we understand that Torrie.

I think HawaiianST and I were just expecting a little more quality in the responses. He and I seem like the guys that research everything and have a strong desire to understand what's done. We have a lot of questions and many buyers need complete answers before our minds free us to make a purchase.

I wish I could just tell my customers this is better and it will do what they need....sign here but I can't.

As for tune service after the sale...I expected that anyway but I'm glad you personally take the bull by the horns for us.

That being said, I know you're a busy man. I used to own my own company, before I sold it to a competitor, and it wasn't easy. Time was short and customers never seemed to understand that you're only one man.

I'm very pleased to have dealt with you and I'm sure the tunes will be perfect. I'm absolutely satisfied in my dealing with you thus far. I'm also proud to have contributed to a MYST sponsor and I hope that mu purchase contributes to allowing this site to continue helping members for a long time. The same day I bought your Xcal3 I made a donation to the site because I wanted to contribute directly. It wasn't much but I wanted to do something to say thank you to Todd and everyone else who helps solve problems, entertain us and share with us their ST experiances.

Just got it! Well packaged. Doesn't seem to be any damage on the unit or the shipping box. Came with a really cool SCT pen and a key light lol!

I'm actually using the pen right now!

I'll hook the tuner up to my STA after work and report back!