Just saw this on "My Classic Car" TV Show

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3.75/sq ft.

So, if you have a garage that is 24' wide and 24' deep 24x24=576 sq/ft. At $3.75 sq/ft your cost would be $2,160.00.

As good as it looks, I can think of better ways to spend $2,000 dollars.

Tom

You can get garage floor tiles that look almost the same for about $1.00/sq ft. You can also get floor paint for a two-car garage for under $100.

yea, i would just do that epoxy thing and do the flake, not sure about who makes it, but ive seen comercials. looks like a very good product tho

That epoxy stuff is some really good stuff. I've not seen a serious garage with those dinky snap tiles things in the work area before, always either bare concrete or with some epoxy type sealant. The sealant is really easy to roll on. Those tiles thing tend to collect dust, oil, grease and whatever else underthem, and should you ever take them up, you've got a mess to clean up.

I'm doing my garage in epoxy (Epoxy Shield Brand) in two weeks. I prepped this weekedn by clearing everything out and organizing my stuff. Next, I'll clean the surface, degrease, and paint. I'll take before and after pics.

Booker-

Make sure you do all the degreaseing and cleaning a few days before you paint, you want to make sure the floor is 100% dry (and clean) before putting the epoxy down, if it's not all the way dry, it will peel, flake, and bubble up. Nothing worse then having a beautiful garage floor that flakes up 2 weeks later.

The flake stuff is made by Rustolium*sp*, you apply it with a paint roller, then apply the flake stuff after it. It is supposed to make your garage floor easy to clean. I will do that on my next house. Kinda late for this one.

Have a good one

Bob

Latest posts