Just the fluid...?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Kirby

Reaction score
Sent the ST off on the back of a AAA wrecker to the tranny Gods today after the OD light of death started flashing.

Got a call a couple hours later...no codes and no problems found at all........WTF.....!!

Turns out the fluid was about a quart low........tranny was flushed by local Ford dealer recently...go figure. Had it topped off with Mercon V and will see what happens...keep fingers crossed. No flashing OD light yet. Thanks to all for replies to first post.

Stay safe

I would definetly let the dealer know about this situation. If you were a quart low and there are not tranny leaks, they screwed up. If the pan gasket was leaking, it might indicate that they removed the pan and did not install it properly. In either case I would give that dealer and ear full.

...Rich

I agree with Rich. Not that it will get you anything except out of breath probably. You should be ok, just hope the fluid didn't get to hot and let the bands stretch. I would still think you'll be ok.;)

Latest posts