Keyless door lock replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emory

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm replacing my keyless door lock component. Before I do, can you tell me if this simply pops out and is plug and play? Thank you in advance.

assuming your gen 2 ?? It does, its held in with metal clips... you can pop it from the back if you remove the door trim. Use a strong plastic tool. If you use metal, do from the bottom so you don't see the scratches. Also why are you replacing it ? worn or not working? Ive seen the 2010 have wiring issues.

It's faded out and the numbers at the top are faded. I'm installing new SS trim panels so thought I might as well do it right and replace the pad. Thanks for the response. I have all the plastic trim removal tools as I've had to remove or replace some other things. I thought it was a snap-in item but wanted to make sure.

I have an 07 and the key fob stopped working about a year ago. I've taken to just using the key, as I can imagine it will be an expensive job at the stealership and I have no clue how to go about fixing it. And no, it is definitely not just the battery

My FOB went bad recently and I purchased a couple of replacement FOB's on the internet and simply programmed them myself. It's easy to do. Just go to You Tube and search for "Programming a 2007 Ford Explorer Key FOB" Piece of cake. I think both FOBS cost me less than $20 bucks.