Keyless entry, '05 Sport Trac

Help Support SportTrac.org:

nolajoins

Reaction score
I currently have to try and do this as well. I heard in the video that you can also put in a user code. If you get the original off of the box, can you reset the user code? I have no idea what my dad would have chosen here.

blert

Reaction score
I currently have to try and do this as well. I heard in the video that you can also put in a user code. If you get the original off of the box, can you reset the user code? I have no idea what my dad would have chosen here.
Yes, you can clear and set your own code. You wouldn't want to give out the hard-coded one to anybody.

Exahiyan

Reaction score
My '05 Limited only came with one key and key fob. I bought an extra fob online for about $20 and my local dealer cut the key blank for free but charged me $125 to program the chipped key after it was cut. The fob was easily programmed with the instructions included. My dealer also was able to send me a copy of the original window sticker free of charge.

blert

Reaction score
My '05 Limited only came with one key and key fob. I bought an extra fob online for about $20 and my local dealer cut the key blank for free but charged me $125 to program the chipped key after it was cut. The fob was easily programmed with the instructions included. My dealer also was able to send me a copy of the original window sticker free of charge.
Get a FORScan compatable OBD2 scanner attachment (mine cost <$50, OBDLinkEX). Download FORScan. Get as many key FOBs as you want. Register for the free 3 month FORScan unlock. Proceed to program as many FOBs as you like.
Will save you some money even if you ever only do one and you get a very good OBD2 tool out of it.

Edit: This works if you have only the one working key. If you have two you can program as many as you want without any outside help.

Last edited:

Exahiyan

Reaction score
Get a FORScan compatable OBD2 scanner attachment (mine cost <$50, OBDLinkEX). Download FORScan. Get as many key FOBs as you want. Register for the free 3 month FORScan unlock. Proceed to program as many FOBs as you like.
Will save you some money even if you ever only do one and you get a very good OBD2 tool out of it.
I already have a scanner and I'm set with extra keys and fobs. Thanks.