Keyless entry, '05 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have to try and do this as well. I heard in the video that you can also put in a user code. If you get the original off of the box, can you reset the user code? I have no idea what my dad would have chosen here.

I currently have to try and do this as well. I heard in the video that you can also put in a user code. If you get the original off of the box, can you reset the user code? I have no idea what my dad would have chosen here.
Yes, you can clear and set your own code. You wouldn't want to give out the hard-coded one to anybody.

My '05 Limited only came with one key and key fob. I bought an extra fob online for about $20 and my local dealer cut the key blank for free but charged me $125 to program the chipped key after it was cut. The fob was easily programmed with the instructions included. My dealer also was able to send me a copy of the original window sticker free of charge.

My '05 Limited only came with one key and key fob. I bought an extra fob online for about $20 and my local dealer cut the key blank for free but charged me $125 to program the chipped key after it was cut. The fob was easily programmed with the instructions included. My dealer also was able to send me a copy of the original window sticker free of charge.
Get a FORScan compatable OBD2 scanner attachment (mine cost <$50, OBDLinkEX). Download FORScan. Get as many key FOBs as you want. Register for the free 3 month FORScan unlock. Proceed to program as many FOBs as you like.
Will save you some money even if you ever only do one and you get a very good OBD2 tool out of it.

Edit: This works if you have only the one working key. If you have two you can program as many as you want without any outside help.

Last edited:
Get a FORScan compatable OBD2 scanner attachment (mine cost <$50, OBDLinkEX). Download FORScan. Get as many key FOBs as you want. Register for the free 3 month FORScan unlock. Proceed to program as many FOBs as you like.
Will save you some money even if you ever only do one and you get a very good OBD2 tool out of it.
I already have a scanner and I'm set with extra keys and fobs. Thanks.

I already have a scanner and I'm set with extra keys and fobs. Thanks.
Understood. Was more for any folks that come after as an alternative to spending $150 (what my mobile locksmith was going to charge me) on just one key.

i posted this before, you can download the windows version from forscan and then apply for the 2 months free trial, for the fully version and then this will read out the factory door code, i just did mine and it's works...

Latest posts