Keyless Entry Actuator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Silen

Reaction score
Two of the five buttons on the keyless entry actuator on my 2010 Adrenalin are not working. Was gonna replace the actuator but was curious if a new one comes with a new entry code already set or do they require any special programming

ok, IF you don't have the problem i have in my 2010 ( Shorted wires in the dash) you can just replace the keypad on the door. No programing needed. JUST must get 08-10 Sport trac or regular explorer. No others will work.
IF that doesent fix it be in for pain changing the smart junction box and if that doesent do it you can add a wireless key pad to the door and be done with it.

ok, IF you don't have the problem i have in my 2010 ( Shorted wires in the dash) you can just replace the keypad on the door. No programing needed. JUST must get 08-10 Sport trac or regular explorer. No others will work.
IF that doesent fix it be in for pain changing the smart junction box and if that doesent do it you can add a wireless key pad to the door and be done with it.
Thanks Todd. I’m not noticing any other issues with the keypad other than two of the buttons not lighting- they still operate just don’t light. Might just let it be for now. Was in process of replacing the fogs, 3rd brake and a cloudy headlamp and thought I’d throw that in too!

Mark,
the cheapest is to just replace the keypad on the door.
After that its now testing wiring, testing the module and then servicing parts.
I was able to fix 3 of the 4 trucks I worked on.
1 had just a bad keypad, 1 was the door wire, one was thew BCM module ( nightmare to replace and expensive)
1 I could not fix and gave up, changed everything and finally went wireless keypad on the door and done. lol

Mark,
the cheapest is to just replace the keypad on the door.
After that its now testing wiring, testing the module and then servicing parts.
I was able to fix 3 of the 4 trucks I worked on.
1 had just a bad keypad, 1 was the door wire, one was thew BCM module ( nightmare to replace and expensive)
1 I could not fix and gave up, changed everything and finally went wireless keypad on the door and done. lol
Hi Todd, it seems the keypad has been discontinued for 2010 explorers. Do you have a link to someone that offers it or is my only option getting a used one? Ty

Looks like eBay used is the only option. I may have a few used ones here too. Lol.

Latest posts