Keyless entry door code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raquel cole

Reaction score
I just bought a 2001 ST but the guy i bought it from forgot the code is there somewhere on the truck where I can go to get this code for my doors--the dealership wants $85 to give me the code please help me thanks!!!!!:):D

Since you have an 01 the first thing you need to figure is if it is a Job 1 or a job 2 ...

IF a job 1 the code is on a box that is located behind the rear seat panel. You have to remove the whole back panel...

IF a job 2 then you have to remove the glove box and the passenger side airbag and the code is on the module under there...

Todd Z

If it's a Job 1 then it is on a module behind the panel below the back window.

If it's a Job 2, then it is behind the glove box and behind the airbag up near the top of the dash.

how can i find out wheather it is a job 1 or 2 i did not get a owners manual so i am completely lost--thanks

:D

ok one other thing please if figured out that my sport trac is a job 2 and oh yea i have a 4 wheel drive if that matters but here is my question i drive a 4x4 2001 ST job 2 and i know that the module is behind the glove box and air bag can anyone tell me where exactly this sticker:unsure: and how do I remove my glove box and air bag to get to it???:unsure:

Thank you so much for everyones help!!!:D

Raquel,

I have a 2001 early job 2 ST and my code is located behind the rear seats. To get to the code I lowered my rear seats and opened the back hatch door(where the jack is located if I remember correctly) and with a small mirror and a flashlight (if needed) I looked toward the center of the truck below the back window.

Good Luck,

Jerry

:D:D:DHey everyone Thank You soo.. much for helping me I found my code in behind the glove box and airbag---but i would have never found it with out ya'll thanks again for all the info and everyone should check out this web site that even thinks about buying a sport trac!!!!:D:D:D

Kevin,

I ordered my truck in July 2000 ( I believe) and it was delivered around September 2000. It's been so long ago. I have one of the very early Job 2 trucks. I remember I had to wait before Ford would accept my order (I wanted to order in June) because they were not accepting Job 2 orders yet. When I get a chance I can find the mfg date and post it.

Take care,

Jerry