keyless remote FOB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyman Tso

Reaction score
I have a 2001 sport trac. The original keyless entry remote cases broke so I purchased a new Casings online to replace them. When my new cases arrived it had the electronic boards in them. I removed them and put in the original electronics into the new cases with new batteries.

1st question: Does removing the batteries erase memory of the original transmitters?

So the switch out did not work, so I tried the programing instructions and the FOBs responded. worked for a few days then the Fobs didnt work. Did the programming instructions again, fobs worked....then a few days later, no luck.

2nd Question: is there a memory problem with old electronics in new cases.

So now I switched back to the parts that came with the cases, and still have the same problem.

I program the fobs the way the instructions read , but after a few days the remotes do not seem to remember the re-programming. Is there a receiver issue somewhere in the sport trac that the remotes transmission doesn't get accepted.

instructions are pretty much the same on most websites

http://www.programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=474

thanks for any help

I looked at the web site, that is exactly how Ford says to program them. I did new ones on mine and haven't had any problems. Where did you get the remotes from? Maybe if someone else has experienced this they will chime in.

Latest posts