keyless remotes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a 2009 st and when i picked it up from the dealers i had them install a remote starter the gold series is what my bill says.. when I unlock the doors and relock the doors with the remote the horn beeps but on my 2002 st when I unlock the truck the doors unlock but the horn and light do not flash but when I lock the doors the headlights flash once and if i press the lock buttom again the horn will beep confirming the truck is locked. this may not seem to important but when i unlock my 2009 st at 4:30 in the morning the horn is pretty load and i really dont want to piss anyone off.....I am not sure if this is something that is programed by my truck or if it is by my remote starter but the same thing happends with all for remotes.. the other problem is that i have no way of getting to the control box for the remote starter to get the modle number or even find out who makes it.. ford told me if i brought my truck in they would have there techs look at it and have it programed but i would have to leave it over night and i really dont want to do that.....

Thanks

Baker

My 07 with remote start wiil only sound the horn if I hit the remote lock twice, I believe that arms the alarm? Yes, I hate the horn sounding too! I posted this question awhile back and apparently it can't be programmed off. My '02 you could shut off the horn though...

My remote start module is under the center console in the drivers footwell. Should be an access panel 4?" x 8?" ish on the side.

IS there an aux button ???

On my viper if you hit the AUX button 1 time first it does not honk the horn on the unlock...

Todd Z

Latest posts