Kicking tranny & shifter stuck in 'P' (4th & hopefully LAST update)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
Service finally finished with my Trac last Friday. They replaced both the mechatronic assembly (kicking tranny) & shifter assembly (stuck in 'P' - TSB). Picked her up Friday afternoon. I didn't do as much test driving as I would like (under 150 miles) this past weekend, but I believe the problems were fixed. My wife also drove the Trac, and was pleased with the smoothness. She still braces herself like the kick is going to happen. As the Trac relearns itself, so shall we!

So, for you '07 Trac'ers out there (mine is a V8 4x4 LTD), if you are having similar problems, have the service department replace these parts, and you should be fine.

Bootsy, boc, Steve, kb0ykg, -- sorry it took so long. Please let us know your results, assuming you guys do the same. Now, for more accessories / mods . . .

Thanks so much Lyonpride! I can actually go into the dealership and ask them to check that out specifically. My friend drove one day when I 1st got the ST and I kept saying, stop letting off & pressing the gas pedal right away.....I thought it was her driving bad making it kick so hard. Hopefully that takes care of everything for at least 4 yrs. Also, thanks for taking the lead and keeping us posted!

DaleM -- had to go look at my door. Build date says "05/06". Does that mean May 6, 2006 or May of 2006. Probably the former.