larger tires void warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting "Oversized" tires on the ST could void the warranty on certian parts.. How large are you talking about going?

~Josh

You shouldn't have problems getting the TB replaced....but if you ever need suspension work, then chances are you'll pay for it out of pocket, not Ford.

I took the 265/70R16 (oversized) Revos from my first ST. The dealer swapped them for me. I had the swaybar end links and a camber kit (both suspension parts) installed on mine under warranty, even with the oversized tires. My experience may not be typical, but they never said anything about my warranty being voided. :)

I also had my tires and rims installed by a dealership. So far I've not had any major problems other than the speedometer re-calibration, which I am going to fix with the X-cal 2. I also have an extended warranty, so if I should have a problem with anything, I can take it right to a Ford dealership with the paperwork and have them fix it. Kinda would seem stupid if Ford wouldn't honor work done by their own people. Ya know?

~Josh

Dealer Dependent. From experiences/stories on this website (as well as personal) every dealer seems to deal with mods differently. IMO, 99% won't even notice you changed your tires UNLESS they are looking to get out of doing warranty work. Go for it.