Lariat Edition Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay czura

Reaction score
I was tired of the gray plastic cladding on my 03 ST, so I decided to go two-tone with Arizona Beige like Ford has on some of their Lariat edition vehicles. My buddy (who does auto body) and I finished the job in about a day and a half. We had to remove all the parts, including the entire front fascia and side steps, then taped a line across the bottom of the doors. After a good prep job, we sprayed, then cleared 3 times. Just wanted to share the idea with you all incase you hate that battleship gray plastic molding as much as I did. I also added stock 17 in. Explorer wheels to help with the look.

You can see the pics in my library. Sorry, I would have attached them to this thread, but I couldn’t figure out how.

Wow! That looks really nice. I imagine with some gold fender flares, it'd look like an Eddie Bauer Sport Trac, lol. Really good idea, I'm sure others will follow soon.

Awesome, Jay, I like it a lot! Arizone Beige was a great choice and I especially like how you painted the lower door panels to get that streamlined trim. I notice the 17-inch Explorer rims too. Nice Trac all around. Congrats. Now get fake badges...

edit: you painted step bars to match too?? nice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay, looks good. Neat idea with the paint scheme. Me likes! Anyway, to post a pic the pic has to be on the front page of your library, not in a folder. I had the same problem until I figured that out. Open your 03 ST folder and highlight a pic then go to "move folder" and in the box, select "to top" and hit enter. This will put the pic on the front or "top" of your library. When you want to post a pic then just after you put you message in the message box (make sure you hit "enter" so the cursor is on a new line) go to the bottom and click the little folder icon. (you have to be logged in of course) This will bring up your library, and then there will be little dots under the pics and you click on the dot and it will post the pic. Lengthy description, but easy to do once you've done it. Just make sure you are logged in first, not logging in (entering your user name and password) when you post.;)

You said it has to be in the front page of the library. All you need to know is the address of the pic, and *img**url*/img** and replace * with [ and ** with ] and that's it.