Last Post : ( What to do w/dead ST? and big thanks!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan DiMassa 2

Reaction score
First off a HUGE thanks to this forum's members and admin. Its been a great 8 years with my ST and have gotten so much great advice here.

Long story short - if you didnt read my last post - I just moved NJ 2 FL for work. My ex-mechanic pops and I did a mini-frameoff (lol) redoing anything we could touch and my ST always had top maintenance and synthetic. So as soon as I get down here and at the worst time, 3 hours from home in keys, Im guessing the timing belt went and I believe she seized on the highway. Even had oil coming out my CAI kn tube. I towed it home, and was pricing new engine. But with coupon a $2k rock auto long block plus $2-4K labor to put it in, plus a month with no wheels. I ended up putting that down on used Xterra. AND BOY do I miss my ST (moon roof/back window, kayak friendly)

So has anyone been in my shoes? I have short time and need $ so what do I do w/my baby? Do people buy trucks like this to repair? Part out since I have a ton of aftermarket and new parts? make an artificial coral reef? Scapper?

I can list it in classifieds here, but is craigslist a good option, local papers OR "dont waste your time you dope, and call the scapper!"

...never dealt with anything like this and have no clue. Its funny I have roadside assistance, so can probably tow it to best spot..dunno

I come from a ford family and after all ford trucks this is my first "Jap Crap" vehicle but ironically Ford Credit holds my title (made me smile)

Note: I remember when she was under warranty bringing it to my Local dealer and complaining about the timing chain rattle and they did nothing..

Thanks again for all the help, I hope your ST's hit and surpass the 200k mark I was shooting for!!:banana:

Man that sucks, Don't scrap it, you'll loose so much money it's not funny. You said Ford holds the title? so do you still owe on it or is it paid off? There's plenty of people out there that'll buy it from you and put a new or used motor in it ( I would if I had the money ).

I see a nice little Florida vacation in store for a MYST member and a trailer... :banana:

Put it on the Swap and Sell.

Better yet- put it on Ebay. Post some pics and tell exactly what happened. Let them bid it up and up! Make them come pick it up!

Oh ok that's what I thought wasn't sure though. Man I wish I had some cash right now, I'd be down there tomorrow morning to pick it up.

:cry:

Latest posts