leaking coolant?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl Gilliam

Reaction score
All the sudden my truck starting leaking really bad and the radiator coolant went bone dry. At tge same time my reverse started slipping out. No idea what to do?

:welcome:Inspect the lower thermostat housing with a flashlight and mirror.

Sorry, can't help you with slipping reverse. Any transmission trouble codes?

Last edited by a moderator:
03, Gold, tinted, 20s, 2 tone leather
:banana:

Well then... Check your hoses. If it was "leaking really bad" and happened all at once it really shouldn't be hard to see where it was coming from. This is assuming you are talking about antifreeze leaking out.

How long did you drive it with it bone dry? I don't remember how the trans cooler in my Gen1 was, but in my Gen 2 Trac the trans cooler is inside the radiator.

'03 model. as steve said, checke the lower t-stat housing. The link is a good one for the repair.

Carlos check your t-stat and new rad cap. Also if this happened in low speeds or ideling. You fan clutch could be bad. You had an over pressure issue for that kind of blow out.

My electric fans stopped working while sitting still and it overheated. I believe my engine is ok it sounds fine hope the weak link was the radiator.

You might want to go back to the OEM fan and clutch. Other members have bown there tanks, from elec fans.

Dyno showed no HP or TQ increase either.

I am going to run them on separate circuit and solder the wires and cover with shrink wrap. Sorry I like em for the extra room under hood and because of the shround with the body lift I had a friend help me and he wire them the first time. I am gonna do them this time

Latest posts