Leaking in front above windshield

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie S

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem, mine is an 04 XLT 180 miles, when it rain some how water gets in the truck and drips down on the steering wheel and it has soaked in the the head liner. Is there any way I can temporarily stop this leak or help avoid it from getting any worse.

Yep, my 2001 ExST has developed a couple of leaks under the molding at the top of the WindShield.
Been tolerating it for several months now; tried some clear caulking & it helped, but still get a drip
or two inside when going thru a carwash. Also now have a chip & small but growing crack in the glass,
so will be replacing the windshield in the next few weeks & hope that also fixes the leaks.

had same issue on my excursion after a new windshield was put in,, it was the seal around windshield, they put in a new seal and all was well. you could try and put some clear silicone on area, just to buy some time, the headliner tends to fall down after getting wet and that is a pain in the but to fix with out dropping and re gluing.

Latest posts