Leaking Roof Again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
Well our roof in our 4 year old home started leaking. 3rd time this has happenned in the last two months. This time it's right around the ceiling fan/exhaust in the utility room. I went into the crawl space and it's too far to crawl to get to the otherside of the house. I'm afraid the ceiling will not hold my weight.

The insulation is that loose stuff and it's a foot deep. I thought it would be in rolled sections where I could pull a block out so that I could just walk on the beams.

The roofer said he would be out in 2 days. Hopefully, the rain will stop. Then again it's been raining for 6 days straight now.

Thanks,

SST

lay a blue nylon tarp over the area if you can and hold it down with paving stones or bricks. It may lessen the damage until the roofer gets there. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you'll be fixed up soon, and that it won't be too costly.

Now is really not the time to be getting a leaky roof. It's just pouring over here. Driving by Northgate in Seattle tonight and having the windshield wipers on all the way wasn't quite enough.

Hey, you're getting the rain we've been getting over here in the eastern world of Portland, Maine. :rolleyes: Good luck on getting the roof fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish it would rain in Oklahoma. We've had almost nothing in four months. As shown on the news on New Years Day, the state is a tinder box just waiting for a spark.

Stopped raining for now. So, the leak is on vacation for a day or two. Wish I could put a tarp up on the roof. 2nd floor and my 16ft ladder won't reach it. And, where it is the roof is too pitched to get up there.

Latest posts