Leaning a little to the left....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn D

Reaction score
I was going down the driveway tonight and happened to notice that my ST is leaning alittle to the left. I'm about an inch and a half lower on the front driver's side and about an inch lower in the rear driver's side. If it were just the front I'd suspect the torsion bolts, but being both front and back I'm suspicious of the new shocks. Is it possible that I have bad shocks? I got them installed on MLK Jr. day a few weeks ago. Should I go back to Sears and have them take a look? Is there any other reason that would cause my entire body to lean left (Unless my trac thinks it's a pimp)? Most importantly, is it safe to drive long distances (I drive about 70 miles a day) like this....without causing any major long term damage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenn

Hmm, you also have a TT & Shackle lift, so maybe it needs to be cranked on that one side? Since you just got new shocks those could be the problem

I don't know.

Good luck Jenn with this.

Guess I could just sue the guy that didn't crank that bolt enough....;)

Just kidding.....Gimme' back my steak!:angry:

Seriously though, I'm just hoping it's the shocks and Sears takes care of it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
take i back to sears...if they installed them have them look at it and let them tell you...even if its not the shocks they can tell u what the problem is for free!!!

:lol:I think I digested the steak quite some time ago..lol

Where was that, BTW? I was wondering where exactly it was where we did the TT lift and ate...good memories :)

Josh, it was about 20 miles west of where you are now. Down Colonial Drive toward Clermont. It was called Logan's. It was a steak house. Good times. Good times.

The shocks don't affect the ride height, so that's not the problem. You just need to adjust the torsion bar bolts. I had to even out my Trac after I did the TT/SL. Turn the driver's side bolt in a little, which will raise the left front and lower the right rear slightly. Then back the right side bolt out a little, which will lower the right front and raise the left rear slightly. It's kinda like adjusting the cross wedge in Nascar. Adjust the bolts in small increments until everthing is even.

Maybe I was sitting in the drivers seat and you did not know it !!!..... L:eek:L

LOL Todd....I was thinking similarly to myself "geez....do I weight that much to make the left shocks wear out faster?"

As for the gas tank...we'll it's on absolute E, so Lord only knows how bad it is when it's full.

I'll jump under there this weekend and play around. I guess I'll have to postpone my fender flare project. I might even take her in for an allignment - she's due. Time for a little ST TLC.

Thanks again to everyone!

JennD, arriving at alignment shop: "Zippy, it's pushin', gimme a round of wedge and a half-pound in the right front." :lol:

Johnny LOL.....

LOL Todd....I was thinking similarly to myself "geez....do I weight that much to make the left shocks wear out faster?"

No, this is known as ranger lean, The st's and Rangers can get this after time has passed..

You can adjust with the front torsion bars and set it level again..

And based on your pics in your library, your not heavy at all, Good looking to If i might add...

Todd Z

Latest posts