Learning a lot.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thelgord

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
V8 Engine
Reaction score
I am not new to 4x4’s, off-roading, overlanding, whatever you want to call it. I am new to ford, and the sport trac specifically. I have wanted one for a long time based solely on the look. I love it.

After finally getting one (on an almost impulse buy) I am realizing how little after market support there is. Good thing I can weld ;) and it brings a new meaning (to me anyway) to “built, not bought”.

I still need a few more tools (a sheet brake and a tube bender would be awesome) but overall I am looking at these challenges as an opportunity to make something truly unique.

Anyone got any pics of things they have had to make for their rides?

Your title "learning a lot" Thats what goes on here at sport trac .org. One other place I go is ford tech Makuloco . So Since I have had my trac I've learned more about this vehicle than any other that I have owned. This makes one appreciate the old cars and trucks before there was a puter in them and all the relays and electrical stuff. The ford Tech has many videos that are interesting . One thing about the modern world is that if Bob tells me to check my rear end and I dont know where to find it ,I can get on the computer and log in "Find my rear end " and look, there it is LOL. Butt you all know what I'm talking about. My two cents.

Jerry, I miss the old web site called mysporttrac.com. We had a lot more active members. Including those had sold their SportTracs. Alot more input and questions asked and answered. I understand many have moved to Facebook.
I guess at 70 I'm not much to join social networks. Seems that many of the networks, allowed peoples info to be hijacked. Sometimes it was done on purpose. I spend enough time on the computer. Last year I got rid of my TV cable box. I'm using the old analog antenna, on my roof. Works great for digital transmissions. I haven't missed cable TV. I have much more time for other things..
Now days what you have to say gets filtered. Have no problem with censorship, of vulgar language, threats and pure asinine talk.
To censor my different political views. Plus only allowed to speak on subjects, that others think are PC. I may not like your views on everything. I will defend your right to say it. I think that is why I joined and served 3yrs in the Army. We have the best bill of rights and constitution in the world. My oath to protect has no expiration.

Jerry, I miss the old web site called mysporttrac.com. We had a lot more active members. Including those had sold their SportTracs. Alot more input and questions asked and answered. I understand many have moved to Facebook.
I guess at 70 I'm not much to join social networks. Seems that many of the networks, allowed peoples info to be hijacked. Sometimes it was done on purpose. I spend enough time on the computer. Last year I got rid of my TV cable box. I'm using the old analog antenna, on my roof. Works great for digital transmissions. I haven't missed cable TV. I have much more time for other things..
Now days what you have to say gets filtered. Have no problem with censorship, of vulgar language, threats and pure asinine talk.
To censor my different political views. Plus only allowed to speak on subjects, that others think are PC. I may not like your views on everything. I will defend your right to say it. I think that is why I joined and served 3yrs in the Army. We have the best bill of rights and constitution in the world. My oath to protect has no expiration.
Eddie ,when I first joined it was S.T .com .I remember when they changed it to .ORG . We dont have cable TV either .We have a 55 or 60 ft.tower with our antenna mounted on it at the top . We have plenty of channels and we dont watch it that much anyway . Were pretty close in age Eddie ,Im 75 . Yes things have changed a lot over the years .Some good some bad .These new vehicles are getting way too sophisticated. Good to hear from you . Stay well ,be safe .

Latest posts