LED fog lights.............

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Risky Bizness"

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I bought some LED fog light bulbs from my local independent parts store.

They are LASFIT brand. Anyone ever heard of/ used them??
60W/Set (30W/bulb)
Lumens: 7600 LM/set (3800LN/bulb)
Color Temperature: 6000K
Lighting Source: Flip COB Chip
Built in Driver Ballast
Volt: 9V-16V

Opinions ??

Not sure about your LASIT fogs, but they seem pricey at $50~$130 plus.
http://www.google.ca/search?q=LASFIT+9005+hb3+30W+7600+LUMENS&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj4-fLigpvsAhVH9qwKHU_HCTAQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=LASFIT+9005+hb3+30W+7600+LUMENS&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1C_e1jFqgFg1q4BaABwAHgAgAFqiAH1CJIBBDEwLjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=K8t5X7i4D8fsswXPjqeAAw

Some 6~8years ago, replaced original 9005HB3 Fog Bulbs with these CreeType LEDs, $10~$20/pair on ebay.
Good bright & they've lasted; other LEDs I've tried were junk; I'm happy.
45202814d354245f715bd17e4a57041e.jpg

I gave $54.32 including tax. ;)

Will see how they do. The guy at the store told me they hava a YEAR warranty on them, BUT, he'd take care of them fter the year is up.

Lamps seem to be a "trail & error" item. Only LEDs that I've found to last & work well are
the above CreeType Fogs & some FlasherLED replacements for the TopCenterBrake Bulbs.
Other LEDs I've tried have mostly looked good at first then die quickly or start flickering.
So I've settled with maintaining either original spec Bulbs or brighter HeadLamp Bulbs.
Definitely do NOT replace the InstrumentCluster bulbs with LEDs!
D

No inst. cluster bulbs for me. It's deer season around here, and I am paranoid. I thought about LED back up bulbs. Has anyone had any problems with that ??

Paranoid about hitting dear?
Yes dear get really stupid during fall rut, like teenagers going sex crazy.

Rectangular.

I also installed LED back up bulbs. Helped some, but I've never seen a back up light worth a darn, unless you mounted some under the bumper lights

What style of Driving light housing do you have Round or Rectangular?
I installed the Hella round fog lamps. I ordered the clear bulbs with the optional "stick on" yellow lenses. I've found that I like the yellow better than the "white".

Attachments

• InkedIMG_2030 (1)_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2030 (1)_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 96
Ok I see what you have there, as most of the guys and gals know I bought the Rigid 3” round LED for my Adrenalin, And I had posted pictures on the FB Pages ..

Rectangular.

I also installed LED back up bulbs. Helped some, but I've never seen a back up light worth a darn, unless you mounted some under the bumper lights
Yeah the Factory housing sucks the best thing to do is either split it apart and add a Led pod or add a rectangular Led light bar 4-6”

Latest posts