led headlight accents

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing the led headlight accents shown on this link or similar? I think it would be cool for the trac's headlights to glow blue at night just parked! This would be cool when going into my garage in the morning when it is dark I could see where I am walking. These can be on 24 hours a day without noticeable power drain.

I'v got somethign similar in my Brazil-spec headlights. Mine came standard with 'city lights', I replaced the bulb with an LED. The look is pretty cool, but nothing like what the 'representitive images' lead you to belive, or at least not in my case. You see the LED itself, but they don't really illuminate the headlight housing.

Another company, who's name I can't think of right now, from Japan makes a thing that slips around the base of your headlight and add a 'city light' to housing that don't have them, giving the same effect as those LEDs would, with no drilling. While its just a regular, small wattage bulb, the power drain wouldn't be that much.

I looked and it seems I can't find the package they came in...and there wasn't a name printed on the product itself.

All I know is that the entire package was in Japanese, I'll give a quick search at some sites to see what comes up.

My bulbs are H4, and I lucked up and found my kit...after a quick search, this kit is exactly like min, but I don't see a 9007 application, although I'm sure the H4 kit could be made to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy down the street has a Chevy pickup with these. He also has some red LEDs back in the grill that go on and off randomly. I know I am not desribing this very well, but it makes his truck look like it is ALIVE and BREATHING. They are always "on".

IT IS WAY COOL.

In Europe it's illegal to have amber lights in the front of your car or truck

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/citylightkits.html

I drove a US Specs car with amber lights in the front for four years in Turkey and Portugal...not true.

Way cool when you drive by at night and the truck is covered with snow, but yet there are some occaisional flashes of red light coming from deep in the front grill....