LED tail light strips

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powly

2010 ST Gen 2 Adrenalin V8 AWD
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing an LED strip tail light bar on their ST?
Any recommended products that work well?
Thanks and Cheers

I've had one on my 2005 for years. It's just one of the Generic 4 ft. ones from Amazon that mounts with 3m tape, looks good though.
I don't remember the brand and it was a gift off my wish list so it's not in my history, just find one with good reviews.
IMG_20210909_234755899_2.jpg

Has anyone tried installing an LED strip tail light bar on their ST?
Any recommended products that work well?
Thanks and Cheers
Hi Powly I purchased an led light strip from Amazon it was like $16 - $19 I don't recall. They offered 2 sizes and I be purchased the smaller which covers my tailgate. The wiring was pretty easy and I used only the glue strip which is already glued to the strip . It works fine and gives allot of light specially in the dark however the running lights did not work. The turn signals, flash, stop and reverse light work fine . Reading comments from other customers who purchased the same led light strip all have non working running lights . I figured to remove it and remove the glue residue from the glue strip it was not worth the effort to returning it . Anyways I'm glad I did not remove it and return it . The cost is $16-$19 the installation was easy and I get allot of compliments on the light strip. I have had them installed about 6 months with no problems other than running lights do not work and that is due to a fabrication error . But the turn, flash , brake and reverse work and look good!

I've never actually lowered the spare in the 14 years I've owned this truck!
But you can see in this photo that it does not not block the access hole, at least on a First Gen ST. It is attached to the lip on the Bumper that goes up.
IMG_20210911_232446408.jpg

Latest posts