Leer Cap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich S03

Reaction score
I have a questions for people who have a cap on their Sport Trac. I was given my truck from my dad who used it for work and put a Leer Cap on the back. The Leer Cap model number is 100XQ. It has two windows in the cap down the sides, that open just a little to basically vent the cap. My issue is the windows leak in the top part of the glass closest to the rear bumper. The rain does not pour in however if it rains for a few days anything left near the windows will be wet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there any way I can fix the leaking windows.

You can put some different thickness foam round strips ( kinda the same thickness of pipe cleaners) behind the weatherstripping to build it out alittle. You can also use camper top foam stripping and put it on the glass in line with the weatherstripping.

:banana:

Just so you know if your window breaks it'll cost you a pretty penny to replace. Mine broke on both sides and each one costs about $325 Canadian to replace....and that is not including labor. You can do it yourself though its very very easy. As for the leak I'd say try taking the window out to do the seal. Everything including the frame and screen will come out though, it's all one unit. I wish I had taken pictures when I did the first one. The second one hasn't been replace yet...just happened a couple weeks ago. I through on the tonneau until I can save for the new window.

I think I will try the weather strips first before taking the windows off. They have leaked slightly for over five years and my dad never had a problem nor have I, so I don't think I will be taking any windows off. I don't know when I will get around to it but I will post another message or something if the weather strips work.

I just checked my email and I did not receive one from you. I will have to check to make sure I entered in my email address right for my account. I will try to take some pictures of my truck tomorrow and put them in my library. So check back for them.

Well how about if you get a chance to take pictures of the clamps of your camper top and send them to my email: [email protected]

I'd Like to have them before Tuesday at noon. I copied Amd pasted your email so there might be a chance it's wrong.

Sorry I read your message wrong. I thought you wanted pictures of the truck with the Leer cap. I will take a few pictures tomorrow of the clamps for you and put them on and send them to you.

I had an ARE cap with the pop out windows.. Try cleaning the rubber seals carefully, then apply some armour-all or other protectant. I have found this can "refresh" and even slightly expand the seals which will help with slight leaks. Worked on mine.

Hey I put some pictures of the clamps in my library. I hope they help. Any more questions about it just ask. Like if you need more pictures. I just took them quick with my iPhone today. As for the windows I will try what you said Dave because it really is a pain to have them just leak a little all the time when it rains.

Latest posts