LEFT DIRECTIONAL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana Lynds

Reaction score
I have a 2003 2wd with 98456 miles and when I put my left turn signal on it

begins to beat rapidly. When I use the right it's just a normal beat. It's due for

inspection and like to drive through without any issues.

Question#2: Armororall had some protectant that said would last 100 car washes

about 3 years ago. Knowing I was soon going in to have a second back surgery I

used the stuff. Always liked my tires clean and with a nice shine. Well I put the stuff

on about 3 days b/4 the pollen started fallen and having a heck of a time getting it off.

Only guy who has green tires for 3 years ... Tks for your help.....

That's why I don't try to make tires look unnaturally shiny. Yeah. Your turn signal bulb is burned out. It's a Federal DOT safety feature to let you know that the bulb is burned out.

Do you adjust your steering wheel down when driving? Known problem in the projects section about the steering column wiring harness trying to separate, try your signals with column in up position, if bulb still out, when you change it and still doesnt work then problem in the column. :supercool:

I had the same problem. The wiring in the steering column was too tight and pulls the connection loose. I found the fix on this site. Easy DIY'er. I just rearranged the wiring for more slack, snugged up the connection, and taped er up. No problems since.

Check your front or rear turn signal bulbs....That rapid flicker usually indicates that one or more bulbs is burned out.

As for that ArmorAll problem...I don't use that stuff...it leaves an oily residue that never really dries. Years ago I had a Buick Regal with a vinyl roof. I used ArmorAll on the vinyl roof for several years and found that when it rained, the ArmorAll would run off the roof and down the side of the car where the gutter ended behind the side windows. That cause serious staining of the paint and eventually started to rust.

There are better products for cleaning and protecting vinyl and rubber... that will not remain oily and will not damage your paint.

...Rich