Lift 04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Smiddy

Reaction score
I would really like to lift my 04 trac but do not have the $4k I was told it would cost plus new tires. Looking trough the forum I saw something about a TT lift but do not know what that is. Is it the same as a body lift? Is a body lift any good? I go 4 wheelin often but usually here in Oahu it is rocky rather than muddy, I just need a a couple of inches to clear some of the rocks. Also my step bars are all bent up because they take the brunt of the rocks. I would not mind taking them off but then my body is not protected. Is there ways to reinforce them and make them stronger?

Thanks

Smiddy[Broken External Image]:

A TT is a torsion twist, which is usually accompanied by a SL or shackle lift. This lift usually nets about 1.5 in of lift. You can then opt for a body lift which will net you a clean 3 in of lift. With this combination you can run 33in tires, increasing your ground clearance considerably. This is the setup that I run, look in my gallery for shots of the finished product. Some are not fans of the body lift, but I off road and have found no problems whatsoever with the setup.

i'm doing a tt / shackle lift this week, like he said 1.5 - 2" lift, you can put 31" tires on at that point which will wind up giving you 3-4" overall

you can also do a body lift which will give you more room and you can run a 33" tire i have one for sale on e bay with a $150 reserve or buy it now for $200 i will ship it to any member here who buyes it with in the 48 us for free. and it will fit your 04

Last edited by a moderator:
just remember...the 3" BL will only lift your body and not the frame. your ground clearance of your body will go up but not whole truck itself. the TT/SL will do the whole truck. i have a 3" BL, TT/SL and i am running 33's and its sweet. if you are 4 wheelin i suggest doing it all because the trac comes pretty low stock, for an off roading vehicle anyways...and the tt/sl is easy to do and the BL requires some skill but can be done. feel free to ask questions

I had mine done by a local alignment shop. Torsion adjustment, realignment (needed), and installing the rear shackles cost about $180. The Warrior shackles, p/n WAR-153, cost about $53.

Actually with this setup you can run 33's provided they're not real wide, a 285/75-16 or 33x10.50-15 will work if you have rims with 4" or less backspace. I have 32's on the stock rims and there is plenty of room height-wise but they rub a teeny bit on the inside front and rear both. Not enough that you notice though.

If you want the common 33x12.50-15 (or 305/70-16) then you'll need a bodylift. I'm pretty sure if you do a bodylift the front tow hooks gotta go. The best fit will be with a 15x8 rim with 3.75" backspacing.

i have the three inch body lift. im putting 33''(285/75/16) mud tires on it hopefully this month!! there's a couple of people on here that just have the body lift and they run the 285/75/16 with little or no rubbing. i have had no problems with my body lift.