Lift help?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big K

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm playing around with the idea of lifting my 2005 ST (4x4 XLT Prem), and I was wondering what my options were as far as a lift. I'm looking for 3" so that I can fit some 33"s. Help? I know that there is only so far a TT/Shackle lift can go.

You can do the sl/tt that will give u 1.75"-2" of lift. Then a 3" body lift to get the rest of the Clarence needed. I would recommend getting both lifts done before trying to put the tires on.. I was gonna put on 33's after my shackle lift but I would of had alot of rub, seeing as I didn't have my bl on yet. I got some rub with my 31.6' s. But after I put on the body lift I have none. My question is with the 33's will he need wheel spacers?

It depends on the backspacing. Sometimes wheels spaces can actually cause the need for more trimming, especially of the outer trim. 3.75"-4" BS seems to be what most people are running.

A body lift is your next cheapest lift. I have $160 worth of lift and 35" tires.

4.25" backspacing here with 35x12.5 tires.

Basically you have three options.

TT and shackles.

3" body lift, about $275 plus installation if you can't do it yourself.

Superlift 4" suspension lift, about $2300 plus installation if you can't do it yourself.

There is a fourth option but if you think the Superlift is expensive you don't want to know what the Dixon Bros. kit costs.